Have you ever heard the term "It's better to give than to receive?" This is true for the most part but in Age of Wulin, it's better to give AND receive! Progression for beginners through the early stages of the game will be a breeze in the upcoming Immortal Legends. Experienced and inexperienced players alike will enhance their character to new heights with the Senior and Junior Brother system!
New players can pair up with veteran players and both individuals will acquire special benefits from just playing the game. Also keep in mind that as far as Internal Skills go, the Junior Brother can only be mentored in the 2nd or 3rd one. Let's first talk about the benefits of being a Senior and Junior Brother.
- Once the apprenticeship is formed, the Junior Brother will receive a mail that contains Internal Skills (1-9) of the Internal Skill they are looking to be mentored in. Pages after level 9 can be obtained from the exchange NPC at your sect, who can be identified by the "Three" icon on you rmap. For more information, visit our third internal guide.
- Every 5 levels that the Junior Brother's Internal Skill grows, both Senior Brother and Junior Brother will receive a reward box (Cultivation points, Reputation, Qi, and Palpitation Relieving and Vital Energy Regulating Pills). The reward box is only awarded up until level 25 of the Internal Skill.
- The Junior Brother will have a buff (health and defence boost) enabled as long as the Senior Brother is online at the same time.
- The School Master will have weekly quests available that will give the Senior Brother/Junior Brother various rewards:
- Faction Instance -100,000 Qi and 200 experience
- Forbidden Instance -200,000 Qi, 300 experience, and 50 Jackdaw Herbs
- Impart Knowledge Task - 1,000,000 Qi, 500 experience, and 20,000 reputation
- Once the Junior Brother's Internal Skill reaches level 30:
- Junior Brother will have 20% off the cost of other schools' Internal Skills of that same tier.
- Junior Brother will have 40% off the cost of other schools' Internal Skills of a lower tier.
- [Graduation Reward] Once the Junior Brother's Internal skill reaches level 30, the Junior Brother will gain an increase in their Internal skill level of a lower tier.
- [Graduation Reward] Once the Junior Brother's Internal skill reaches level 30, the Senior Brother will receive not only reputation, but also 2,000,000 Cultivation points (2nd Internal apprenticeship) or 3,150,000 Cultivation points (3rd Internal apprenticeship).
Junior Brother Requirements
- Be part of the same school as the Senior Brother
- Cannot be mentored in the 2nd Internal Skill if any levels of the 3rd Internal Skills have been obtained
- Cleared at least 3 but less than 10 acupoints (only applies if one wants to be a Meridian Junior Brother)
Senior Brother Requirements
- To mentor Junior Brothers that want to learn 2nd Internal Skill, obtain level 36 of 2nd Internal Skill
- To mentor Junior Brothers that want to learn 3rd Internal Skill, obtain level 36 of 3rd Internal Skill
- To mentor Junior Brothers that want to improve their Meridians, obtain at least 16 acupoints and acquire 360 levels of combined Meridians.
Starting the Apprenticeship as a Junior Brother
- Option 1 - Once you find a Senior Brother that you fancy, target their character, right-click their portrait, and select "I want to take you as my master"
- Option 2 - At the School interface (J), click the last tab, and you'll see a list of potential Senior Brothers. Select the player's name and click "Accept him as an Senior Brother"
In the bottom-left corner of the interface you'll have the option to choose Level 2 Internal Skill, Level 3 Internal Skill, or Meridian, depending on what you want your Senior Brother to help you with.
Starting the Apprenticeship as a Senior Brother
A Senior Brother can only mentor two Junior Brothers at any given time.
- Option 1 - Once you find a suitable player, target their character, right-click their portrait, and select "Accept as your disciple"
- Option 2 - Go to the Sect Senior Brother Guide near your school's headmaster. Select the option "I want to join this sect". Choose one of the following depending on what you want to teach - Meridians (Senior Energy Channel Brother), 2nd Internal (Senior Brother of Level 2 Internal Skill), 3rd Internal (Senior Brother of Level 3 Internal Skill). Once you do that, your character can be found by potential Junior Brothers that are seeking a Senior Brother.
Ending the Apprenticeship
The Senior Brother or Junior Brother can choose to end the bond by going to the Senior and Junior Brother interface (J), and click any of the three buttons:
- Cancel Relationship - If one's Senior or Junior Brother has not logged on for the past 7 days, you can end the apprenticeship with no penalty.
- End the bond amicably - With agreement from both Senior and Junior Brother, the apprenticeship can be ended. Another apprenticeship cannot be formed for another 7 days.
- End the bond by force - End the apprenticeship without permission. Requires 50 Silver Liang and cannot form another apprenticeship for another 14 days.
Alternatively, one can talk to the Sect Senior Brother Guide who is next to the school's headmaster to stop being a Senior Brother or Junior Brother. Anyone that ends the bond will be unable to establish another one for another seven days.
You still have time to acquire Internal Skill level 36 to be a Senior Brother, so shoot for that milestone before Immortal Legends in May. With the Senior Brother and Junior Brother system, recruits will become veterans, and the torch will be passed on to those who will become the driving force of raising our Wulin army to greatness!